Brie cheese, or what I like to call “Queen Brie” never fails to lure me in with its soft velvety texture and buttery taste! It is probably the most stylish cheese out there. It is an easy, yet luxurious appetizer to serve at gatherings and really adds that extra pizazz to your menu. I love brie because of its versatility. You can dress it up or dress it down…It can be served as an appetizer, dessert, or even finds its way on the brunch menu. Ok, have you ever seen the Sex and the City episode where Carrie tries to compare men to handbags? I am starting to feel that way….So before I aberrate too far, below is one of my favorite brunch time brie recipes!
1 Wedge of Brie*
2 jalapeños, seeds removed, minced
1 Teaspoon Honey (I recommend clover)
1 Tablespoon Apricot Jam
1/4 Cup chopped Pecans (Optional)
1 Loaf of french bread baguette
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place brie on an oven safe dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together one heaping tablespoon of apricot jam, along with the minced jalapeño. You can adjust how much jalapeño according to how much spice you prefer.
- Drizzle the brie wedge with honey and spoon on the apricot & jalapeño mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans if you so choose.
- Serve warm with sliced and toasted french bread baguette.
*make sure, when selecting your cheese you select a high quality brie. It will make a huge difference in how it bakes, and tastes.
So since I was baking brie, I couldn’t show up to the kitchen disheveled. With the help of this adorable one shoulder ruffle dress I was adequately attired for the occasion.